This form language is optional but may enhance your use of the Freedom of Information Law. You may choose to utilize certain portions that are most applicable to your request. Please cut and paste the entire form into a new e-mail, or letter. Read all provisions, and delete those that do not apply. If you are emailing your FOIL Request the subject line should be "FOIL Request".
Dear Records Access Officer:
(1) Please e-mail the following records if possible [include as much detail about the record as possible, such as relevant dates, names, descriptions, etc.]:
(2) Please advise me of the appropriate time during normal business hours for inspecting the following records prior to obtaining copies (include as much detail about the records as possible, including relevant dates, names, descriptions, etc.):
(3) Please inform me of the cost of providing paper copies of the following records [include as much detail about the records as possible, including relevant dates, names, descriptions, etc.].
(4) If all the requested records cannot be e-mailed to me, please inform me by e-mail of the portions that can be emailed and advise me of the cost for reproducing the remainder of the records requested (25 cents per page or actual cost of reproduction).
(5) If the requested records cannot be e-mailed to me due to the volume of records identified in response to my request, please advise me of the actual cost of copying all records onto a CD or floppy disk.
(6) If my request is too broad or does not reasonably describe the records, please contact me via e-mail so that I may clarify my request, and when appropriate, indicate the manner in which records are filed, retrieved or generated.
(7) If it is necessary to modify my request, I would prefer to be contacted at the following telephone number: _____________.
(8) If for any reason any portion of my request is denied, please inform me of the reasons for the denial in writing and provide the name, address and e-mail address of the person or body to whom an appeal should be directed.