NFTA-Metro COVID-19 FAQ
Yes. While making a trip on our system you must wear a mask, or face covering, over your nose and mouth. Any individual over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place and unable to maintain, or when not maintaining, social distance. This order applies to people using all Metro buses, rail cars, PAL vans and buildings.
According to the Erie County Department of Health, you can take the following steps to protect yourself and your community:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Maintain space between yourself and other people (six feet if possible)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your home.